Rules & Regulations
Policies & Regulations for City Parks
Outdoor Parks are open to the general public, residents and non-residents, from 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. each day, per City Ordinance Number 923, for walking, cycling, and other unstructured activities. Park Policies - Just a few reminders concerning City Ordinance 923 concerning the use of our City parks:
- Park hours are 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- The following are prohibited:
- Driving or parking on pathways or grass
- Two-wheel motor vehicles
- Alcoholic beverages
- Loud music
- Specific use of the following limited facilities are limited to Cleveland Heights residents with current Recreation I.D. cards, and number of allowable guests.
- Ball-fields and Multi-Sports Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Picnic Shelters
- Skate Park
- Tennis Courts
Recreation ID Cards
Cards are sold to Cleveland Heights residents only. ID cards are $5 each and include a digital photo (similar to a driver's license). Each individual must be present to receive a card. Proof of residency must be shown at the time of purchase and can include two utility bills (or other pieces of mail, nothing hand written please), in addition to a driver's license or photo ID. ID cards are sold at the Community Center during the Front Desk hours of operation seven days a week. ID cards are valid for one year from the date of purchase and must be renewed each year, and each year the resident must show proof of residency.
Recreation ID Card Benefits
- Use of the Community Center track, fitness center and basketball courts, with an addition daily usage fee of $6.
- Free use of our lighted tennis courts, our outdoor basketball courts and our skate park.
- Use of 6 outdoor picnic shelters (permit needed at a fee of only $25 and a $50 refundable security deposit).
- Free use of the Cumberland wading pool.
- Reduced rates for all Community Center classes, workshops, and programs.
- Reduced rates for public ice skating sessions and other skating programs.
- Reduced admission for swimming and aquatics programs.